Tuesday 17 January 2012

Louise Brooks - Wonderful Woman No. 14



Louise Brooks - 1906-1985
American Actress and Dancer


For a long time, I have had something of an obsession with the 1920s and in particular flapper girls. Louise Brooks is the personification of the flapper for me and that is why she is featured as one of my wonderful women. It is rather more about the imagery she creates and my love of the roaring 20s fashion, style and attitude, than about her personally.

I hope that is an acceptable reason for her inclusion.

Louise had a wonderful career and an interesting personal life but I cannot claim to be an expert on her, so please, if you wish to find out a little more about her, have a gander of her Wikipedia page (it really does make an interesting read): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_Brooks

Most beautiful dumb girls think they are smart and get away with it, because other people, on the whole, aren't much smarter.
Louise Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment