Monday 23 January 2012

Carrie Bradshaw - Wonderful Woman No. 20



Carrie Bradshaw played by Sarah Jessica Parker in the TV Series Sex and the City
Fictional American Writer


The main reason for my inclusion of Carrie Bradshaw as a Wonderful Woman is the enviable way this woman is kept in $400 shoes by writing about who she has or has not been sleeping with at the time. Where does a girl sign up for this job? Count me in.

What do I know about men? All I have is a bunch of failed relationships..
Carrie Bradshaw



My hero!
Alison, A Wonderful Woman


I must confess, watching Sex and the City and following the lives of the four main characters; Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha, was always something of a cathartic experience for me. I think many women can identify with at least one of these women and the scenarios they faced during the show. That's what made it popular, it was like it just got us, single, modern women.

The show was made between 1998 and 2004, there were two feature films (I only saw the first, didn't make much of it so haven't bothered with the second). It was a talking point with my girl friends, something we loved watching together while drinking cocktails, something we laughed at, cried at and in places winced with embarrassment at. It didn't change our lives and when it was over, it was just over but for a time, Carrie... in fact all four of the girls were pretty darn wonderful to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment