Sunday 15 January 2012

Joan Collins - Wonderful Woman No. 9



Joan Collins - Born 1933
British Actress


Once again, I find myself referring back to my childhood love of the TV show Dynasty (I had really no idea that it had had such an effect on me!), which is where I was first aware of Joan. In Dynasty, she played Alexis Carrington, a feisty, glamorous woman, who pretty much summed up the powerful woman of the 1980s.

Since then I have seen Joan in some other things and seen her as herself on a number of occasions. She is really quite comical, having cleverly made herself a caricature of herself. Flamboyant, feisty and always, always fabulous.

Show me a person who has never made a mistake and I'll show you somebody who has never achieved much.
Joan Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment